“It is a fantastic help for me as a supervisor. Sure normally we’d talk about a workcation and verbally agree on it. But the request approval helps me to check how this fits to our project schedule and also see details like destination to know about time differences. The best is that the system is sending me an outlook meeting request to have the upcoming team member work schedule directly visible in my calendar.”
“With this end to end process I can overlook my team and hope that my staff enjoys their stay and workcation times.”
“It is good to know, that the process of travel requesting is handled in a well-defined automated process. I can rely on the fact that after trip approval, the necessary A1- and PWD Documents will be issued and sent to my employee. So when employees work from abroad I can be sure that we fulfill all necessary legal requirements.”
“It is important for HR to know where employees are abroad and for how long. This is particularly important in the event of catastrophes. The tool automatically provides us with an Outlook entry for each approved workcation request, so that we always have an overview.”
“Thanks to the highly automated process, HR no longer has to become directly active here and takes on an advisory role. Due to a well-structured and easy-to-understand process, employee queries are also very low.”
“It really could not be more simple than this! It only takes me 2 minutes to fill out the request with the dates and the location I want to work from, and when approved, it sends me automatically all documents I need for the Workcation to my Email. How cool is that?!
It also gives me a sense of security that I can be sure that I have everything I need and that everything is properly communicated.”
“For me, I think it’s great to have more flexibility when booking trips. By combining holiday and work, several or slightly longer trips are also possible.”
“For me the reasons why I love to workcation are better climate, afterwork-activities at the destination (I can do hikes and tours also during the week), the possibility to stay longer at a destination, see the world as well as trying something new.”
At neylux, we love to workcation. Check out our stories from our team about how they combine work and travel.
+ Tips from the expert:
- Set up a standard approval with a certain amount of days per year for countries which have the same or similar regulations (e.g. EU/eEA + Switzerland). Requests within this frame can automatically be approved.
- When starting the project to digitalize your travel processes, make sure that all stakeholder are involved from the very beginning. This way all interests can be considered.
- This setup does not only apply to workcation requests but can also be used for business trips. So by implementing this process, you can digitalize and simplify your entire travel management.
- We advise the conclusion of travel health insurance for workcation stays. Not all costs are covered by the health insurance (e.g. return transport), which can lead to considerable additional costs for the traveler – especially outside of work when being abroad.
- It also makes sense to draw up a guide to the use of networks, data protection regulations and basic rules.
If you want to hear a customer’s perspective about this process, check out our webinar with Detecon. There you can find out about their experiences implementing this process.